Monday, February 8, 2010

Just me thinking...

It's 6:31 on Saturday night and I am alone. Katie left at 6:28 to go to her late shift at Macey's. As I packed her a little snack, walked her to the door, gave her a good-bye kiss and watched her leave I was overwhelmed with thanksgiving and love. How did I get so lucky? Have you ever felt so overwhelmed and grateful that you can't believe this is your reality? I have. In fact it happens on a regular basis. Last night I was laying in bed and I thought to myself, "You know, I am in a good position. Life is so good right now." Then sense kicked in my door and proclaimed, "You don't know what you're talking about. You've got no permanent residence, you've got no money, and you've got no job. How could you feel so sure?" I don't know. I just do. I guess that's what you call hope...and maybe faith. I just feel blessed. I know that for some reason, God's grace is shining down on me and I can feel his mercy everyday of my life. Do I deserve it? No. Not by any means. Could I live without it? No. Not by any means. I am busier than ever right now and life seems to be in panic mode, but I couldn't be happier. I love my wife and she loves me. We're as happy as could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment