Friday, October 15, 2010

Running for Pink and Halloween

So recently Jake and I have been on a running kick. It all got started when my 50+ year old parents ran the Hobble Creek 1/2 marathon in July; Jake and I thought "hey why are we not running?" So began our desire to get into shape and do our own 1/2 marathons. At first 2 or 3 miles seemed super hard and we were tired really fast. Then we made it to 6 miles and thought we were doing good, but we still felt like we had so far to go. A few weeks later we went 8 miles and thought wow we are getting better and yes indeed it was a little easier to run those distances. Then about a week and a half ago I did 11 miles WITH the stroller! It was then that I knew I was finally to the point that I would be ready for my Pink 1/2 marathon. Well I am running tomorrow up in Park City and I am super nervous, but excited too! Jake is doing the Provo Halloween 1/2 in two weeks and his training has been going really well too (check it out). We both have been very motivated and are starting to love to run. We are planning to run the Utah Valley Marathon next spring...26.2 miles yikes! :) Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. As someone who has never enjoyed running, I'm very impressed, especially that you ran 11 miles with a stroller! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome guys! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work guys! Don't be nervous - you'll do great! I used to hate running, but to lose the baby weight I started training for a 1/2 and I've done 2 now. They were really great experiences and I plan to do more! But I gotta say...I have no desire to ever do a full so good work and good luck!

    ReplyDelete