Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too much T.V.

So Jake thinks that this is his blog basically because he is the only one that writes on it. But I am here to say its my blog too! :) So, I just thought I would update you on what has been happening. After Jake and I finished 2 seasons of Friday Night Lights, we decided to start LOST, and Jake started Heros too! May I just say that I think we have a hit the lazy, I don't want to do anything but cuddle and watch T.V. stage. And frankly I think its time to stop! There are so many awesome things to do with the little extra time that we have that I don't think it should be wasted on short lived entertainment. So here are some things I thought of and feel free to use these ideas if any of you are caught in the same trap. 1-Go get some exercise(running. swimming, basketball, ultiamate, biking, walking...) 2-Do some service(make cookies, go visit the elderly, heart attack someone, write a letter to a missionary...) 3-Read a good book(fiction, biography, marriage book...) 4-Do something church related(family history work, read scriptures together and discuss, write in your journal, watch a church video...)5- Play some games(card games, board games...) 6- Make food together( find a fun, exotic recipe and try it out :) ...) 6-Do something artistic( go to a museum, do coloring books, scrapbook,paint something, have a sculpture contest with clay...) 7- Get out and enjoy the city(go to a concert, go to a movie, go bowling, go to a play...) 8-Talk to each other( have some fun just laughing or discussing things that you have learned, find out more about each other! ...) 9- Go to the temple(that is always something good to do...) 10-Find something new to learn( strengthen your talents and develope new ones too, start a new hobbie, always be learning, growing, becoming better and making something of your life!)
So those are some of my ideas that I think well help Jake and I get out of our rut and maybe it will help you out too! :)

2 comments:

  1. i like the making cookies idea. and then you should share them with upstairs neighbors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is watching a movie? Wouldn't that be considered watching t.v:) But we know what your going through too, so that meens we need to go rock climbing! Call us.

    ReplyDelete